Saturday 3 February 2007

Down at the allotment



Taken by my husband this afternoon at his allotment. There isn't much growing at this time of the year, but as it has been such a mild winter I'm sure it won't be long before everything starts to take off. The allotments are a little patch of green in the middle of the city. At the extreme left of the photo you can see new flats - part of a massive development built over the last couple of years. The developers wanted to buy the allotment too, (offering new allotments outside the city and financial incentives) but the allotment holders refused to be bought and held on to their little piece of nature.

4 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Even though it's winter, it does look so green! Beautiful land. :)

blueboat said...

Yes - we've had a really mild winter. Everything looks green and mossy with lots of shoots pushing up - though apparently everything could change this week - snow is forecast!

Pat said...

so happy I found your blog!

I used to live in Northern Ireland away back when. We lived along the Shore Road. I'm going to enjoy going through your piccies of a city and area I miss.

blueboat said...

Pat, I'll have to try to get a couple of photos along the Shore Road - I'm sure its changed a lot.